(this is actually from November 2010, figured I’d post it and then follow up with a couple ‘since then’ posts)
Over the past few months, I’ve been working on a 1991 Subaru Legacy I got from my parents. While it’s hardly a sports car, it would be a significant improvement over my ’99 Durango in terms of MPG.
It had been sitting in a barn for over 6 years, used as storage, and as a home for mice, cats, and various other forms of wildlife. It has close to 120,000 miles on it, most of which are from when it was used as a rural mail delivery car.
I picked it up shortly before winter hit, and wasn’t able to work on it much right away. So far, I have replaced the engine knock sensor (to get rid of a Check Engine Light), installed new fuel hoses (the old ones were cracked and leaking), put a new fuel pump gasket in, and replaced several stripped wheel lugs, along with the tires. I’ve also gone through some of the normal (way overdue) maintenance, such as changing the oil & coolant.